Digital Marketing Minute Week of September 21st, 2015

Every week we share trends and articles on digital marketing. Posted on Monday, September 28 in Digital Trends.

Mobile

Time to Start Thinking About the Holidays … and Mobile

emarketer.com

The holidays are just a few months away, and consumers are already thinking about how they’ll check off everything on their lists this year. Recent research suggests that mobile will continue to increase its role as holiday shopping research assistant during the 2015 holiday season.

Read More

 

 

Holiday Trends

Marketing Trends Of The 2014 Holiday Season & What They Mean In 2015

Marketing land, Jordan Elkind

A retailer’s work is never done. And that’s never more true than when it comes to the holiday season. With so much at stake – almost 20% of the industry’s sales occur in those last few weeks of the year – it’s no wonder that so much planning starts so early. 

Cyber Monday and Black Friday were the top two shopping days (by far), but the holiday shopping season is much more than these two days. In fact, Black Friday and Cyber Monday’s revenue combined account for less than 10% (9.5%, to be exact) of the holiday season e-commerce revenue. The remaining 90.5% was spread across the other 58 days of the season: 

What It Means For 2015: The takeaway is straightforward — when putting together the marketing calendar for the 2015 holiday season, marketers should prepare for a 60-day marathon, not a 2-day sprint.

Here are four notable, data-driven e-commerce trends from the 2014 holiday shopping season and their implications for 2015.

Read More

 

 

Social Media

How to Maximize Your Holiday Ad Campaigns on Facebook

By Andrew Hutchinson, socialmediatoday.com

Tis the season to... get cracking on your Facebook ad planning for Christmas, according to Facebook. In a new blog post, Facebook has outlined the case for advertisers to start considering their on-platform ad efforts for the coming holiday season, offering a range of tips, and even a downloadable guide, to point businesses in the right direction.

Read More

Contact Us